The role of the hygienist throughout the upkeep section of treatment is to watch the health of the tissues and determine any potential for peri-implant mucositis and peri-implantitis. we tend to try this by superficially scaling and inquiring, typically with plastic instruments and by selection sprucing with a non-abrasive paste. The patient’s oral hygiene standing is reviewed at every appointment. Radiographs ar an honest indicator of bone loss, additional therefore than inquiring that is disputable thanks to the chance of damaging any attachment that will be gift.
The day-after-day duties area unit several and a few area units listed below:
- Check all instrumentation is in operating order
- check that that surgical templates area unit back from the laboratory which all necessary radiographs and models area unit accessible
- certify patient documentation is signed. This includes a signed treatment set up and schedule of prices, moreover as a signed consent type for implant/graft placement
- certify you have got the mandatory implants and healing abutments, moreover as any bone augmentation materials, tacks, bone screws, etc
- All work surfaces got to be cleared and sprayed and wiped, floor to ceiling, with the surface disinfectant like Mikrozid. This then ought to be sprayed once more and left to dry for fifteen to twenty minutes
- Careful division of your surgery is vital. You and your assistant nurse ought to recognize that area unit the sterile and non-sterile areas
- Sterile instruments ought to be unwrapped and placed on sterile drapes. These then will solely be touched by the members of the team that area unit clean and clad
- A strict aspiration protocol ought to be discovered. bear in mind that if you’re employing a bone entice this could solely be used at the surgical procedure website and not accustomed collect the secretion from the rear of the mouth. check that once aspirating that you simply don’t get too about to the drills. The drills and therefore the bone got to be unbroken cool by the chilled saline. Keep a gallipot of saline close, so used drills are often placed in it. This helps build the drills easier to scrub subsequently
- Once the surgery is completed, check that that you simply take care of the patient well. Clean the face with a pleasant wipe if attainable, not simply a wet tissue. Apply some petrolatum to the lips and provides the patient AN ice pack to carry on the realm to assist scale back swelling
- perpetually ring the patient the ensuing day to ascertain however they are; they perpetually appreciate it
- Note taking is a crucial role we’ve to play. Our notes should be correct and compendious. Any speech communication with a patient, whether or not it’s on the phone or in reception, ought to be logged in their notes
- infection management is one among our most significant roles. This protects the US, the opposite members of our team and therefore the patients themselves.
Everything ought to be clean completely, place through the unhearable, washer disinfector then autoclaved. we have got a vacuum autoclave and so all of our instrumentation cassettes area unit wrapped before autoclaving. One tip is to require pictures of all of your instrument cassettes so if ever you’re away and somebody else is mistreatment them, it’s a straightforward reference for swinging everything back within the right place!